At Walker Movements we give used trucks good homes; and whilst having a yard full of fantastic stock certainly helps towards that, it’s our people that make all the difference.
We’re a small but mighty team of experts, from our skilled mechanics in the workshop, to our savvy salesmen and supporting back office force. With over 50 vehicles sold to new owners every week, there’s never a dull moment and we work tirelessly to ensure our reputation for quality used vehicles and happy customers continues to be the best in the industry.
If you’re looking for a new challenge, you share our ethos for excellence and you want to join in on the fun, take a look at our current vacancies below and apply today!
Our salary structure is amongst the best in the industry; because our people are the best in the industry.
Regular staff socials
Comedy clubs, go-karting, clay pigeon shooting… You name it, we get involved in it!
Relaxed dress code
Save your best get-up for when the queen comes to tea. We like smart and casual here.
Free parking and bike shed
Park with peace of mind in our secure 21-acre facilities. A joy of operating outside of the city centre.
HGV Technician/Charge Hand
Walker Movements Ltd is a Midlands based, family owned business who supply quality used trucks in the UK and International markets. Due to business growth we are looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual to join our team full time as a HGV Workshop Fitter / Charge Hand at our site in Sawley.
The position is full-time, permanent and available on Monday to Friday day time shifts 8.00am-6.00pm with alternate Saturday mornings 8.00am-1.00pm
• Maintaining and repairing vehicles and trailers in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current legislation
• Routine vehicle maintenance to VOSA/DVSA standards
• Preparation and presentation of vehicles and trailers for annual MOT inspection
• Diagnosis of vehicles using computer based diagnostic equipment
• Experience of working on wide range of modern heavy commercial vehicles and trailers is ideal and knowledge of electrics and hydraulics would be an advantage
• As Charge Hand you will be responsible for the running of the workshop as holiday cover and alternate Saturday mornings with the Workshop Manager
• Good housekeeping routines to meet health & safety requirements and maintain a safe workplace
• Ensure all paperwork is completed to a high standard
• Utilise all personal protective equipment as necessary
• Communicate effectively with the workshop manager
• Complete all other duties as reasonably requested by the workshop manager
• Ideally have CAT C & E License
Salary: Competitive Dependant on Experience