Terms, Conditions & Policies
Walker Movements Ltd is a company registered in England, registration number 2616201.
The purpose of this Policy is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. Personal information means information relating to a living individual who can be identified from that information or from that information and other information that is held by or is likely to be held by us. It is our policy to take all necessary steps to ensure that personal data held by us is processed fairly and lawfully. We will take all necessary steps to implement this policy. All our employees and data processors who have access to personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data. Furthermore, it is our policy to ensure that, when dealing with personal data all relevant statutory requirements are complied with, including the eight Data Protection Principles contained in the Data Protection Act and to monitor our procedures periodically to ensure compliance. Personal data may be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area. In using the services, you consent to such a transfer.
By either registering as a user of any services provided by Walker Movements Ltd on this website and by using the Walker Movements Ltd website generally you agree to our use of personal information.
Use of your Personal Information
- When you register and use this site:
You will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
- We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
(a) to register you with our website and to administer our website services;
(b) To fulfil our agreement with you and processing and obtaining payment.
(c) To analyse and profile your shopping preferences e.g. (market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products and services which we think will interest you from the information we have. We may keep you informed of such products and services including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on by any of the following methods:
Telephone (including WhatsApp calls)
SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
(including products and services of other companies and organisations) which we consider may be of interest to you. When you provide us with your information you will be given the opportunity to say if you do not wish to receive information of such products and services from either us or carefully chosen third parties.
(d) To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
- We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
- In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
- Calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with your customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may give information about you to companies and organisations whose products we provide to you, e.g. services as follows:
(a) To other companies and organisations to administer any prize draws or competitions.
(b) To our agents, staff and approved third parties to carry out services for us.
(c) To anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
(d) If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
- New technologies are emerging on the Internet that help us to deliver customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called "cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our website more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website. If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to add items to your trolley, set up a new account or access an existing account will not be available. Alternatively, you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses.
- Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third-party websites or external data suppliers.
- Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our websites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
- We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website, except where you save your login name as referred to above.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
- For further information about the steps we take to protect your information and make online shopping as secure as possible please contact on the address below.
- You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
- Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
How can I get my name removed from the Walker Movements Ltd mailing list?
If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to [email@example.com] with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 7 days to action your request. Crucially and in addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can un-subscribe within the lower footer of the email.
What is a 'Cookie'?
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our website more user friendly.
If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site. Alternatively, you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses.
To make sure you have the best experience when using the Walker Movements Ltd website, it is advisable to enable cookies at all times during your visit. Cookies ensure that your visit and experience is personal, and all of the site is available for use.
If you decide not to allow Cookies you will still be able to access the Walker Movements Ltd website, but it will be restricted, and your browsing experience will not be as personalised.
What type of Cookies do Walker Movements Ltd use?
To make sure your browsing experience is as enjoyable as possible, we use the following Cookies:
Google analytics cookies: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz (_utmx and _utmxx if using website optimser)
Do Walker Movements Ltd store personal information?
Cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third-party websites or external data suppliers.
Do Walker Movements Ltd store Cookie information?
We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website, except where you save your login name as referred to above.
Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our websites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
Social Network Cookies
If you require any more information regarding Cookies and your privacy, please visit www.aboutcookies.org
GDPR Policy V1.0 - May 2018
General Data Protection Regulation Policy
Walker Movements Ltd is committed to ensuring ongoing compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
We take the safeguarding of information very seriously and have processes in place to ensure that your data is stored securely at all times. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Walker Movements Ltd store and utilise company address details, contact names, job titles, telephone numbers & email addresses to contact with customers and suppliers within the normal context of transactional business. We also hold bank details for payment of suppliers. We DO NOT store customer payment details.
This information will be used for business activities only e.g enquiries, quotations, orders, invoices, remittances and payments plus general communication regarding a transaction.
WALKER MOVEMENTS LTD understand and acknowledge the rights of the individual in relation to their business practices.
Personal Data Breaches
The company has processes in place to ensure that any data breaches are detected quickly, reported to management and investigated in a timely manner.
The company do not share or communicate any personal data with or to any other third-party organisation at any time.
Andrea Easton is the designated Data Protection Officer for the company and is responsible for the implementation of data protection policies and procedures.
Please inform us immediately if you are not happy for us to retain this information and to continue using it in the ways outlined within this document.
The Walker Movements Ltd team have all been informed about the importance of correct data protection procedures.